Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maximize origination of loan applications from all existing leads and sources. Assist in managing loan pipeline for all originated loans through closing and funding process, while maintaining effective communication with customers, mortgage operations team and referral sources.
2. Conduct loan interviews
a. Discuss loan program options with members
b. Explain loan process to member
c. Request supporting documentation from member
3. Do preliminary underwriting to verify loan request meets program guidelines
a. Pull credit reports
b. Calculate debt to income
c. Determine loan to value
d. Run and review the Automated Underwriting System to determine secondary market eligibility
4. Cross sell credit union products and services
5. Maintain a working knowledge of all credit union mortgage products including purchase money 1st mortgages, 1st mortgage refinances, 2nd mortgages, HELOCs, bridge loans, construction loans and renovation loans.
6. Understand and apply federal regulations associated with mortgage loans
7. Develop and maintain working relationships with realtors, builders, and business partners.
8. Develop a working knowledge of the credit union’s data processing system, loan origination system, lead management system, Word, EXCEL, and PowerPoint software
9. Develop an understanding of credit union history, philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures
10. Any other duties assigned by supervisors or management
1. Minimum of two years of previous Mortgage Loan Origination experience
2. NMLS Licensing required
3. Working knowledge of conventional and government loan programs
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org