Henderson, KY 42420
Proactively participate in a team environment, contributing to a preferred work environment.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: Health, Environmental, & Safety:
- Safely perform all duties, complying with all Norsk-Hydro and company policies
- Set a good example for fellow team members;
- Report all accidents, injuries, property damages, and near misses;
- Wear all PPE as required;
- Attend all required safety training and safety meetings;
- Perform routine safety inspections as required (pre-shift, etc);
- Provide safety suggestions to management;
- Maintain a world-class level of housekeeping in all areas;
- Wear seatbelts and obey speed limits while operating mobile equipment; and
- Assist in the writing of JSAs.
- Assist team in obtaining production targets and eliminating bottlenecks by serving in the following
- Charging, melting, casting, homogenizing, sawing, packing, loading;
- Perform routine maintenance as required;
- Participate in process improvement activities;
- Perform quality checks on material throughout process as required;
- Assist maintenance technician and others in heavier maintenance as required; and
- Rotate periodically through all team roles.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Good communication skills;
- Positive `can-do` attitude;
- Absolute commitment to an incident-free, safe working environment;
- Ability to thrive on a 12-hour, rapid rotation, EOWEO schedule;
- Ability to work in a team environment, sharing both successes and failures;
- Excellent attendance record; and
- Ability to work on a diverse team, treating all team members with respect.
We promote a drug free environment. Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA